Definitions & Interpretations
- In these terms and conditions of sale “the Company” means Plumbline Ltd and “the buyer” means any person, firm or company to whom the Company agrees to sell goods.
Application of Terms
- These terms and conditions apply to all contracts entered into by the Company unless a variation of these terms and conditions is specifically agreed by the Company.
- Quotations are not treated as true offers in law but as an invitation to treat.
Payment & Interest
- Payment for goods supplied on standard credit accounts shall be not later than the last day of the month following the month of the invoice unless otherwise agreed by the Company. Payment for goods supplied on a cash/credit account shall be not later than the twenty first day after the date of invoice. If the buyer is late paying for any goods all amounts owed by the buyer to the Company become due for immediate payment.
- The Company reserves the right to charge interest and compensation for late payment under the relevant legislation and regulations.
Delivery of goods
- Short deliveries or deliveries of damaged or defective goods must be notified to the Company on the Company’s copy of the advice note. The liability of the Company shall be limited to making up the shortage, replacing any damaged or defective goods or allowing the buyer credit as appropriate. The buyer may not cancel or vary the contract.
- Delivery dates are estimates only so the Company shall not be liable for failure to deliver on any specified dates. The Company will deliver as near to the arranged site as a safe hard road permits. The buyer will provide the labour required for unloading free of charge.
Risk & Ownership of Goods
- The risk in the goods shall pass to the buyer on delivery and a copy of the advice note must be signed by the buyer on receipt of goods to acknowledge delivery.
- The Company retains the title to all goods until the Company receives full payment for the goods. If the buyer does not pay at the agreed time the Company has the right at any time without notice to enter the buyer’s premises to recover the goods.
- The buyer will arrange adequate insurance cover for the Company’s goods. The Company shall be entitled to the benefit of this insurance cover for goods in which it retains title.
11. The Company’s liability for defective goods is limited to a free replacement. The Company is not liable for any loss, damage or expense arising from using the goods.
Cancellation & Returns
- Normally goods may be returned with the Company’s consent if they are in good condition and can be resold. The Company may charge a reasonable restocking fee. When goods are ordered for an individual buyer and the Company cannot cancel its order or easily resell the goods that buyer cannot cancel their order with the Company or return the goods.
Insolvency and bankruptcy
13. If the buyer becomes insolvent or bankrupt the Company may rescind the contract and refuse to deliver. Also payment for all goods delivered becomes due immediately.
14. If any of these terms and conditions becomes unenforceable due to changes in legislation or judicial decision it shall not affect the enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
15. All contracts entered into by the Company are to be governed by and interpreted according to English Law and the buyer accepts the jurisdiction of the English Courts
I accept these terms and conditions and authorise Plumbline Limited to use credit referencing facilities to assess creditworthiness.